I went on a hunt for materials that we could make our stamps out of.
At the Warehouse they had 4 and 2 pack erasers but I thought they would be a bit long and skinny for our intentions

At the shop Iko Iko I was having a look around and noticed these stamp designs on wood blocks. If we could get wood or small squares of it we could make these type of stamps. By using a natural material we would also be able to be eco conscious.
I also found these stamps with multiple sides made out of foam. I thought the multiple stamps in one was a very clever idea. The shop lady told me that if you use watercolour paint as ink it should wash of easily. I went looking around $2 shops to see if they had sheets of foam that we could use to make stamps out of but I couldn't find any. I bought one with a heart shape and star shape on it as I thought we could utilise those symbols.
At Warehouse Stationery I found these ink packs for $5 each which include four pads of ink. The ink pads are quite small at 2.5cm²
At the $2 shop I found larger rubbers. I bought two to make into stamps. The question mark and puzzle piece stamps are made from one rubber cut in half.
I found a cork at the flat that we could use as handles for the stamps. It was to hard to cut and turn into a stamp itself, I gave up trying pretty quickly.

This is the heart stamp I cut off the foam square.










No comments:
Post a Comment