Tuesday, 15 September 2015

Week Eight: Preparation for following class

In order to gain some critique and feedback into our developments, we have produced some new designs and concepts to further our stalls experience. One of these was the snapchat promotion posters, that are a part of our social media strategy. I made a simple mock-up for this today, where there is still room for improvement and refinement, basically I wanted to create the base of what the poster is going to 'say'.

Here is the designed poster:


Following the designing of this I then looked toward designing a instruction poster to give people who visit the market a step by step guide as to how to use the passport and what to do. To keep with the airport theme, I looked into departure screens that you find at the airport and based the idea on that.





I then looked into the font that were similar:


Following this I designed a mock-up poster.



Furthermore, I then put Tapiwa's developed passport design into our folding template. This is the base of our passport, with clues and stamp imprints to be added. 


From here I then implemented some clues and stamp imprints:



RL

We originally planned to have a meeting on Monday 12pm to see the passport designs that Tapiwa had done over the weekend. We were going to discuss what was working with the designs and what wasn't. Tapiwa posted the designs in our group Facebook. We all were happy with the designs and cancelled the group meeting because we came to conclusions with what we wanted over Facebook. Here's our conversation below:



 Boarding Passes:
I looked at some existing boarding passes for inspiration for our own boarding pass instruction ticket. We wanted to keep in with the airport theme by having the instructions of how the passport works on a boarding pass style ticket. 







 Our boarding pass design:



Once we have decided on our groups Check In logo, we will put this on the boarding pass also.
Sam is going to test perforating the ticket using a sewing machine without thread. The side section will be ripped off and filled out to enter into the draw to win prizes. 
Originally we were going to have each ticket numbered, but it was easier to have one number printed on all the tickets. We went with 32C because that's our group number and C for creative industries. This makes it easier for us when printing so that we can print 350 (or more) copies of the exact same document. 

SS


No comments:

Post a Comment